Toxicologist: Jackson had propofol throughout body
Los Angeles: The coroner’s chief toxicologist has said the powerful anaesthetic propofol was found in Michael Jackson’s blood, urine and liver when he died.
Mr. Anderson said Mr. Jackson showed no signs of opiates or the painkiller Demerol.
He said drugs detected in significant amounts were propofol, lidocaine and lorazepam, a sedative that Mr. Murray said he gave to try to get Jackson to sleep before he administered propofol.
Mr. Anderson said lorazepam was found at the high therapeutic level, but he did not characterise the amount of propofol.
Authorities say Mr. Jackson died of acute propofol intoxication combined with other sedatives administered by Mr. Murray, who has pleaded not guilty.