Open warrant against Iranian in car bombing case
New Delhi: A Delhi court has issued an “open warrant” against another Iranian national in connection with the February 13 Israeli diplomat car bombing in which journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi has already been arrested.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav issued the warrant against Masod Sedaghatzadeh, an Iranian national who is said to be detained in Malaysia, after Special Cell of Delhi Police said he was also involved in the conspiracy of the blast.
“You (police) are hereby directed to arrest him,” the CMM said.
Earlier, the court had issued open warrants against three other Iranian nationals Housan Afshar, Syed Ali Mehdi Sadr and Mohammed Reza Abolghasemi, who were alleged to be part of the conspiracy and had left India immediately after the incident.
According to the sources, Mr. Sedaghatzadeh, who holds an Iranian passport, has been detained in Malaysia on March 14, 2012 and the Delhi Police would now request the Interpol to issue a Red Corner Notice (RCN) against him.
Mr. Sedaghatzadeh has been charged under various provisions of the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act, the Explosives Substances Act and the IPC.
The police, which had earlier named the three Iranians in its application, had told the court that the probe so far has revealed that they are not in Indian territory and their whereabouts are not known.
The open warrant will authorise the investigators to take necessary action against the accused as and when they are apprehended.
The blast was caused by a magnetic bomb stuck to the vehicle of diplomat Tal Yehoshua, injuring her and her Indian driver, besides two others.
Mr. Kazmi, who claimed to have been writing for an Iranian publication, was picked up after a probe showed that he was allegedly in touch with the suspect who is believed to have stuck the bomb on the car.