New Delhi [India]: In a major development in the Delhi excise policy scam case, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Friday filed a chargesheet against seven accused in the said case.
A senior CBI official confirmed that the chargesheet has been filed against seven accused that include five private persons and two government officials. The accused named in the chargesheet have been identified as Vijay Nair and Abhishek Boinpally, Arun Pillai, Sameer Mahendru, Gautam Mootha, Kuldeep Singh and Narendra Singh.
Kuldeep Singh was the then Deputy Commissioner (Excise) and Narendra Singh was the then Assistant Commissioner (Excise), he added.
“It is the first FIR in the case and the investigation is on against other persons named in the FIR. As more facts emerged Supplementary chargesheet will be filed,” said the CBI official.
Earlier on Thursday, the CBI moved Delhi High Court challenging the trial court’s order granting bail to AAP communication strategist Vijay Nair and Hyderabad-based businessman Abhishek Boinpally.