‘Promo Was Already Shot’! Suniel Shetty ‘Shocked’ By Paresh Rawal’s Sudden Walkout from ‘Hera Pheri 3’

May 20, 2025: The Hera Pheri 3 controversy continues to snowball as veteran actor Suniel Shetty has now broken his silence on Paresh Rawal’s unexpected departure from the much-anticipated film. In a recent interview, Shetty expressed complete shock and confusion, revealing that even co-star Akshay Kumar is unaware of what led to Paresh’s decision to walk away.

Also Read: No More Baburao? Paresh Rawal’s Exit From Hera Pheri 3 Sparks Massive Legal Battle

“This is absolutely shocking,” Shetty said. “I first thought about texting him, then I thought I’d meet him and discuss it. I have had no word about it with anybody. Even Akshay is clueless as to what happened.”

Suniel went on to call the situation a “crisis,” especially given the film’s current stage of production. He revealed that the trio—Akshay, Paresh, and himself—had already shot a promotional teaser for Hera Pheri 3 and were gearing up to begin the main shoot next year.

“We had already started, in fact. We shot a promo. It’s a big thing,” Shetty stated. He also shared that he was caught off guard when his children, Athiya and Ahaan Shetty, sent him the news within minutes. “They both sent it to me, asking ‘Papa, what is this?’ And I was here doing my interviews and felt like, ‘holy s***.’”

Contradicting Narratives

Earlier, Paresh Rawal shocked fans by announcing his exit from the film. While initial rumors suggested creative or financial disagreements, the actor clarified that his decision was purely personal.

“I know it came as a shock to many. We three make a great combination with Priyadarshanji directing us, but the fact is that I opted out because today I don’t feel like a part of it,” Rawal said, adding that there were no creative disputes.

However, director Priyadarshan claimed in a separate interview that Paresh never informed the team. “He hasn’t spoken to me till date,” he said, backing Akshay Kumar’s legal notice to Rawal seeking ₹25 crore in damages for exiting after filming had begun.

About the Franchise

Hera Pheri 3 is the next installment in one of Bollywood’s most iconic comedy franchises, which began with the cult classic Hera Pheri in 2000. The trio of Akshay Kumar, Paresh Rawal, and Suniel Shetty became household names thanks to their unforgettable characters and comic timing.

Now, with conflicting accounts from the director and cast members, the future of Hera Pheri 3 hangs in uncertainty

Disha Rojhe

Recent Posts

Rajpal Yadav Shares First Post After Jail Release

Actor pens heartfelt gratitude note following interim relief in cheque-bounce case February 19, 2026: Actor…

1 hour ago

Ruckus In UP Assembly During Budget Debate

SP MLAs clash with Minister Sanjay Nishad amid sloganeering and scuffle in House February 19,…

2 hours ago

Taliban Code Legalises Domestic Beating

New criminal law in Afghanistan classifies society by status, shields clerics and permits ‘discipline’ of…

2 hours ago

93-Year-Old Bodybuilder Reveals His ‘Biggest Secret’ To Staying Fit: “Changed My Diet Entirely…”

Jim Arrington isn’t just staying active — he’s rewriting expectations around ageing. The California-based great-grandfather…

2 hours ago

Navitaire Glitch Disrupts Flights

Global system outage slows check-ins at Delhi airport amid AI Summit rush February 19, 2026:…

3 hours ago

Vikram Bhatt, Wife Shwetambari Bhatt Granted Bail in ₹30-Crore Biopic Cheating Case

After spending several weeks in jail, filmmaker Vikram Bhatt and his wife Shwetambari Bhatt have…

3 hours ago