
Sydney Sweeney Set To Star And Produce In Thriller 'I Pretended To Be A Missing Girl'
March 21, 2025: Warner Bros. has officially greenlit a new thriller titled I Pretended to Be a Missing Girl, with Sydney Sweeney attached to both star in and produce the project. The film is based on a gripping Reddit short story by Joe Cote, and the screenplay has been adapted by Oscar-winning writer Eric Roth.
The plot follows a drifter who pretends to be a missing girl in order to rob her family, but soon realizes that her actions have set off a series of dangerous and unexpected consequences. The film promises to keep audiences on the edge of their seats as the protagonist grapples with the dire repercussions of her mistake.
Sweeney’s production company, Fifty-Fifty Films, will produce the project alongside Vertigo’s Roy Lee, Steven Schneider, Trevor Engelson, and Aaron Folbe from Underground. This project is another milestone in Sweeney’s growing career as a producer, following her recent executive production work on Sony’s Anyone But You and her role as producer for the nun horror film Immaculate, which premiered at SXSW last year.
In addition to this thriller, Sweeney has several other exciting projects lined up. She stars in The Housemaid, a thriller directed by Paul Feig, alongside Amanda Seyfried and Brandon Sklenar. Additionally, she is set to produce and star in Scandalous!, a biopic about the secretive love affair between legendary actress Kim Novak and singer Sammy Davis Jr. Sweeney is also involved in Echo Valley, an Apple project in which she stars alongside Julianne Moore, Kyle MacLachlan, and Domhnall Gleeson.
With I Pretended to Be a Missing Girl, Sydney Sweeney continues to expand her role both in front of and behind the camera, cementing her place as a rising star in the entertainment industry.
Throwback photos of iconic opening pair go viral February 22, 2026: Indian captain Rohit Sharma…
Trevi Fountain selfie with Harsh Mehta sets off fresh dating chatter February 22, 2026: When…
PM accuses party of ‘insulting the nation’ after Delhi protest February 22, 2026: Narendra Modi…
82-km high-speed link to cut travel time to 55 minutes February 22, 2026: Narendra Modi…
Actor says he and Rajkumar Hirani weren’t fully satisfied despite record-breaking success February 22, 2026:…
PM says global tech event was misused for ‘dirty politics’ February 22, 2026: Narendra Modi…