Friday, October 7, 2022
HomeNationPost-Pandemic Unlock: IRCTC to resume food service in all trains

Post-Pandemic Unlock: IRCTC to resume food service in all trains

In the wake of the declining positive rate all over the country, the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will resume their food service in all trains. Along with cook food, ready-made instant food service will also be restored completely. This restoration of cooked food has been done while keeping COVID guidelines mandated by the authorities.

Although many of the premium trains like Shatabdi, Rajdhani and Duronto has already started their food services. According to the railway officials, “cooked food on premium trains (Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto) had already been restored in December 2021. Ready to eat meals would also continue.” (Reported by ANI)

About the status of the other trains, they said, “cooked food has already been restored in 428 trains. Of the total number of trains, cooked food had already been restored in 80% of the trains by January 2022 and the remaining 20 % shall be restored by February 14, 2022.”

Due to the spread of COVID and pandemic restrictions, IRCTC closed its food catering services along with providing bed sheets and blankets, since March 2020. However, the PSU under Railway Ministry is all set to resume their catering services.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments