‘Fake, Malicious And Misleading’: Indian Army Rejects Viral Video Claims

Must read

- Advertisement -

The Indian Army said the individuals seen in the viral video were either dismissed from service or facing disciplinary action

May 22, 2026: The Indian Army has issued a clarification regarding a press conference video circulating widely on social media, alleging that misleading narratives are being spread to damage the image of the force. In an official statement, the Army said the individuals featured in the video had either been dismissed from service for misconduct or were facing disciplinary proceedings.

According to the Army, Chandu Chavan, Harendra Yadav and P Narender were removed from service on grounds of indiscipline and “unsoldierly conduct.” The fourth individual, Shankar Singh Gujjar, was described as a deserter currently facing proceedings in both military and civil courts. The Army alleged that the individuals were deliberately circulating “fake, malicious and misleading” content online to divert attention from their own misconduct and dismissal.

The Army also urged citizens to remain cautious and avoid falling for misinformation or propaganda circulating on digital platforms. It noted that similar clarifications had already been issued in September 2024 regarding allegedly fake videos involving some of the same individuals. The statement comes amid increased online circulation of the video and renewed debates around misinformation targeting institutions.

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

More articles

Latest article